My Typing Process

   

  Our class, Paper Machine Manifestos taught us a lot about the history of manifestos throughout time and how we can easily write our own. By looking at the writing of Nina Loy and so many other influential authors we were able to understand a bit more about the power of using typed words to convey a message and voice our opinions on topics we wouldn´t usually have the chance to. 


This last major assignment had us looking back on our prior works throughout the class and picking one to expand upon into our own full written manifesto. What I chose is a topic I hold very close to me and my experience. I got to reflect on my experience as someone in the trans community and how the way we express ourselves can easily be subject to unwanted and unneeded backlash. 

What I have below is a digital version of my writing and the arguments I brought up, please excuse any typos or blacked-out wording you might see.

My Manifesto | DN | 2023

My Manifesto 2 | DN | 2023

What I appreciated more than anything else was how much creative freedom we were given with this writing prompt. I will admit the time admitted to have us write, edit, and scan our final typed-up pages wasn´t as much as I would have preferred I still think the writing I was able to manage in that time turned out considerably well. I´ve gained a bit more respect for those who use typewriters on a daily basis and hope I can make it more of a habit to use my own typewriter from time to time.




Comments

Popular Posts